Monday, August 29, 2011

I am growing by leaps and bounds

There's never a cap on what can be learned. I have always considered myself technically challenged and cried for help from my kids or friends when I pushed a wrong button on the computer or anything else technical. When I accepted the invitation or call to go to China I knew it would be a challenge because I was told we would have to do power point presentations. It scared me but it didn't stop me. Feeling inspired by the whole concept of teaching Young Women in China how to take a stand and have a voice has pushed me like a bull dozer . The hoops I have jumped through each day has taught me anything is possible if there is a purpose or inspiration.
The first hoop was writing a resume, and a paragraph BIO of myself. It's hard to do that when I haven't always seen myself as amazing or remarkable. The next hoop was figuring out how to fill out a VISA on the computer and downloading Chinese adobe. Next, was mailing my passport to Phoenix to the woman's home in charge of Global Interactions. I did not register or expedite it. She never received it. I learned this while I was on vacation in Colorado. I panicked for a few hours and let it go until I got home. I found a passport bureau in Tucson and drove down there and got a new one for a mere $207 in 2 days. The day after Iwent to Tucson I received my old one back in the mail.I had sent it to the wrong address.I have been through rigorous
facilitator training , computer classes with a friend and gotten a lot of help from friends doing power point presentations. Let me just say I was  technically challenged, I am not proficient at anything but I am growing by leaps and bounds. I now carry around a flash-drive in my purse. I have been up late at night for the past 2 weeks  on the computer, not chatting, shopping or listening to music, but writing teaching modules . I am hopeful , excited, and  joyful about my experience and know it will be a wonderful time. For all those who have helped me I thank you. On top of the technical things I have learned the importance of living in the present. There really is nothing else. I don't want to live in the past, and I have no control of the future. I have had so much to do daily that If I would look ahead I panicked. If I lived daily and stayed present I did it without breakdowns. I am sold on the concept the  present is all we have live it well. I leave tomorrow !!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great!! I have never done a Power Point either, but I would love to learn one of these days. Well, at least you got a new passport picture! Mine is awful. I look forward to your upcoming post, Joyce! Be safe and have a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete