Thursday, July 14, 2011

Who gets bored?

Bored? Who on earth gets bored, that is the craziest word. I have a family free week, now lets see how I can fill every minute up, not with meaningless stuff either. Not only do I have plenty to do but also I have things I want to do , like be creative, write a little and create something new.It is never-ending what needs done and I get overwhelmed . That seems to be my favorite word. I have so many options. I am thinking of all the what if's and the possibilities. I am scattered too if that isn't obvious. I always want to do whatever I can for my kids because I want the most and best for them . I probably have enabled them at times because I have tried to help them too much. So.... now that they will all be gone for a few days is it actually possible for me to focus on some things I want to do and get done? It is funny that cleaning the house is not on the list at all. I have a lot to clean but not my priority for some reason. I have piles of paper under my desk that need shredded but that is not on the list either , it just stares at me as I write. I remember years ago when my children were small there was a website called Flylady. I wonder if that is still around? I actually let her guide me through a few organization projects and I was able to focus and get things done . I should probably look her up again and get a little help slowing down my brain and taking things on one step at a time. I think I will read a book, take an hour or two and clean out one corner of my office,write a children's story, do something fun with my grandkids and visit an old friend. There, I have made my to do list and now that I wrote it down it has to get done.

1 comment:

  1. Joyce - I agree with you. How can anyone ever get bored? There's too much to do, to see, to learn and to think about to ever get bored. I never allowed my kids or my students to use that word around me! And yes, FlyLady is still around. She's even on FaceBook!!

    ReplyDelete