Friday, June 17, 2011
My first day as a blogger
There's wonderful blogs that are so entertaining and creative by these new technologically savvy moms. They have great pictures of their children (they're all budding professional photographers), taking pictures of feet, half a body, a hat, toes,and a nose. All those things that were thrown away when we developed pictures like that when my children were little. I got their 3,6,and 9 month old photos at kiddie camera in the mall or Olin mills. Either way, I am not a budding photography or a young mother. I am a mother, grandmother retired Life Coach and a budding writer. I need a place to vent and allow my thoughts to come out on print. I am almost an Empty Nester . Our youngest daughter just graduated and is moving on to college soon. I have felt a little lost and wondered where my role in life is now. Graduation was the most difficult.I kept thinking this is the last one of these I will go to of my own children. I called in for her on Senior ditch day and felt sad it was my last phone call to the school. When I received her last report card I cried too. I had all her friends over for graduation dinner and cried knowing that most likely they would not be in my living room or kitchen as a group ever again.It is a time of transition for me. I don't necessarily mind transition I know there is growth in it. I just usually avoid pain if possible.This has been painful. I will miss having the responsibility of raising , teaching, nurturing,and being the boss. Therefore, I will write about what I am experiencing in my transition.I have had many experiences in my lifetime that have been both painful and joyful and writing has been my greatest friend and therapy. I wonder what other mothers feel when their last child leaves home?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment