I went to visit a friend yesterday who is a very good person and does kind things for others. I noticed a new wooden plaque by her front door that said “This house is protected by Guardian Angels.” It made me smile and immediately I thought of angels around us and the angels in my life. The same day I heard a story of a 13 year old girl recovering from surgery having a tumor removed. When she awoke she named for her parents all the deceased relatives who were in the hospital room watching over her. She fell back asleep and upon waking told them again “all the children in this intensive care unit are being watched over by angels.” Later that evening I received an email from my daughter who is on a church mission in the Philippines. She mentioned in the letter “we can call on angels to help us, they are there waiting for us and wanting to help.” I have certainly experienced times in my life when I needed peace or guidance or a boost in my moral and have called on angels. When I feel scared I ask angels to surround me and watch over me . When my son was touring across the country with his rock band I often petitioned the Lord that angels be with him and protect him. There have been living angels that bring me joy and peace.
I was on a trip with my 18 year old daughter to Chicago back in 2001. We were sightseeing and returned for her friend’s car and it had been towed. We called the number on the wall and got the address.I had my trusty city map and we started walking to the car impound lot as the sun was setting. The neighborhood we were in was very nice but started declining the further we walked. A city bus pulled up next to us and opened the doors. The driver said “where are you girls going?”. We told him and with disgust he shook his head and said “get on this bus, where are you from?” We visited with him and watched the scenery as we drove through the city projects. It looked like something we had seen in the movies. He stopped the bus and pointed across the street to the impound lot, that was fenced with barbed wire and barred windows. He said “you girls cross the street, don’t look at anyone, get your car , drive that direction and don’t look back.”
We did as he told and I thanked God that night for a guardian angel. There are living angels that can help us and angels around us that we can’t see. This has given me time to reflect on those moments where angels have helped me.
Who and where are your guardian angels? Do you call on them for help? What are your experiences with angels? Do you sense or feel them or do you see them?

Yes I have felt their presence. Usually it has been when I have had a near-death experience. As a teenager I felt hands under my arms lifting me from the ocean floor as undercurrents had pulled me down twice. In my later years, suffering with constant blood loss for 7 years, I collapsed in my back yard and again felt those hands on both sides lifting me up off the pond (I had been scrubbing the rocks on my waterfall)and into a patio chair. I could have drowned once again. As I gasped for air, I felt such peace. So grateful to be alive and to know that not even a sparrow can fall without our Father in Heaven knowing about it.
ReplyDeleteGretchen, thanks for sharing that. What amazing experiences you have had with guardian angels. I love having access to those angels and am so grateful they are there. love joyce
ReplyDelete